I’m pretty quiet on here currently. That’s because I have a different experiment going on instead: spamming out lots of short posts in one sitting on a notebook blog, Notebucket. I just realised I never linked to it from here, so… now I have.
The quality level is often low and it’s really not worth wading through all of those. But I’m pleased with some of them. Here are some of the more coherent and interesting ones:
- This notebook is probably for real time discovery. My best description so far of why I’m trying this.
- Life-changing magic. A short review of Marie Kondo’s stuff.
- Lack of narrative meaning. Some thoughts on craving for meaningful narratives.
- Kill Math, or maybe Don’t Kill Math. Reflections on a Bret Victor post.
- “second brain should be a mess imo, like first brain”. Arguing the case for messy fragmented notetaking.
Other than that, there’s a whole load of fragmented notes about some cluster of thoughts to do with Husserl, Derrida, mathematical notation as a technology… not sure exactly where I’m going with it, but I want to start combining it into more coherent blog posts soon, and posting them here again.
(Edit: AARGH!!! The WordPress editor gets more broken every time I try it, today it’s not even letting me preview my own post. I’m considering moving to Ghost eventually, which is where I host the notebook, but I need to sort out the commenting situation first. This is getting ridiculous though.)